Aug 18, 2009

Thoughts On Karma: Karma’s A Bitch

I’m not sure if I believe in karma, at least not in a deep religious sorta way. I also don’t think that karma is some kind of whimsy philosophical idea that should be set aside as being small or trivial, I for sure don’t believe in the concept that things are random and that “shit happens”, the idea of karma certainly strikes a cord with me. Karma is just a name, it is a word that has come to be associated with a lot of sayings and beliefs our society has come to know, sayings like; “Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.” (The Golden Rule), “What goes around, comes around.”, “Paybacks a bitch.”, “It will come back to bite you in the ass.” Certainly these phrases are a Western interprutation of what in general karma is about. Reccent events in my life have me thinking of karma, do individuals that do stupid things get back whats coming to them? Is there some kind of mystical outside force applying fate as a result of past behaviour? Hmmmmm…I don’t think there’s a 1:1 correlation between actions you do and actions that befall you, but I do believe the shit you do comes back to you, one way or another, even if you don’t recognize the connection, pretty much you get back what you send out.

I believe in conscience more, then I do karma I guess. I can appreciate karma because it deals more and focuses more on people’s actions rather than some form of moral thought or conscience that prevents people from doing bad or stupid things, morals and conscience come into play before you act, karma deals with what you’ve done. So I do believe in karma, if I don’t believe in karma it might come back to bite me in the ass, ahahahahaha! The thing about karma that I am 100 % certain on, is that sometimes I think karma is way too slow. So somebody call the karma police!

No comments:

Post a Comment