Aug 26, 2009

The Number 150



Since I'm no longer on MySpace, Twitter or Facebook, I figured I'd go shopping for a unique social networking site, "Robo.to" looks like a cool website, it allows you to download a about a 10 second video "tweet", I don't know I think its kinda cool. Facebook and Twitter have gotten so much media attention these days, its like the shiny new toy that everyone seems to gravitate to, well that maybe true but if history teaches us anything, it's just what's shiny for now and in a couple of years the general public will "shine over" on something else. We are all tribal creatures, we all want to be part of a special group, a tribe that we can all associate with and I read that 150 is the key number, that if the number of your associates goes above 150 people, that we more often then not won't feel special anymore, that we won't feel like we are part of the tribe. It kinda makes scene but I don't know if it's true or not.

Anyways I think people are coming back to blogging, maybe for that reason that the numbers got to high. It's come full cycle since blogging is now 10 years old. Facebook and Twitter going to be this popular 10 years from now? I doubt it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the vid, Rod! And I gotta check out robo.to, see what's up with that.

    peace,
    mike
    livelife365

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Mike, I know you love social networks, you wrote a song about it! Peace man.

    ReplyDelete