Sep 29, 2009

MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE


The Master Of The Flying Guillotine is one of my favorite martial arts B movies of all time. Just by curiosity I searched for it on Youtube, and I found it! Not just trailers but the entire movie, I don't think I've seen the entire movie uncut before, most of my recollection about this movie was when it was shown on TV. As a kid growing up in L.A. this movie was continuously shown over and over and over again, I think it was channel 13 that really had this movie on like almost once a month, or so it seems. I guess all those hours as a kid standing in front of the TV didn't make me completely into a zombie, this movie was one that really stood out to me or at least it was a movie that my brains cells were able to attain and remember.

One of the things that stand out about the movie was the soundtrack, especially every time you saw the "Master of the flying guillotine", the theme music sounded wicked, like a mix between Godzilla and the Exorcist, it was scary and ominous, probably one of the most distinct themes you'll ever hear, almost as ominous as the "Darth Vader" theme.

Here is the music I'm talking about :







As I was watching Master Of The Flying Guillotine on YouTube and reliving my childhood, I noticed the swastika symbol on the lead bad guy, huh what? swastika? WTF? I never noticed that when I was a kid watching this movie, and it probably answers my question as to why they no longer show this on regular TV, I guess our society got to politically correct, but then again why is there a swastika symbol there? Did the swastika have any meaning to blind Sholin Monks? I couldn't find anything on Wikipedia about why the swastika symbol was used on a Sholin Monk. I doubt there are any Chinese Nazi Sholin Monks out there, just a new observation I found out on a Martial Arts Classic Movie.

Here is Part 1 of 11 of,  "MASTER OF THE FLYING GUILLOTINE"



2 comments:

  1. Everybody was kung fu fighting...those cats were fast as lightening...


    peace,
    mike
    livelife365

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Mike in fact it was a little bit fright'ning....
    but they fought with expert timing =]

    ReplyDelete