Sep 22, 2009

India Sweets & Spices


I'm a total n00b when it comes to Indian food, but I figured I finally pay a visit to India Sweets & Spices since I live in Atwater. I ordered the number 3 combo (as I read off of the menu)

which includes 2 curries of the day, served with Basamati Rice, Chapati (baked bread) or Puri (fried bread), vegatable Samosa pickles, salad & Papad *choice of 1 Sahake or Lassi or 2 Rasamalai or Gulab Jamun, did you get that? Yeah neither did I, but it sure tasted good.
 
This is a Indian grocery store/Indian cafeteria  place. I think it adds a unique flavor to the neighborhood both literally and figuratively, I remember the past life of this stores location as being a billiard hall, let me tell you that billiard hall was trouble almost every weekend, this store/cafeteriahas been a welcomed  relief then its predecessors.

I realize that the cafeteria layout isn't the best representative for Indian food, heck any type of cafeteria laid out food will eventually not taste as good as if you were in a traditional sit down restaurant. But like I said I'm very uneducated when it comes to Indian food, I think the food I had here was a good beginners course for influencing me to try and find out other Indian style restaurants in Los Angeles.

I am a ravenous meat eater, I was very pleased that I could get full eating vegetarian. India Sweets & Spice is a vegetarian/vegans best friend, in fact as I pour over there menu, I've just come to realized that they don't serve meat! Not serving any meat, fine by me I was full after my meal, and the food has just enough heat to it that it lets you know its there, I like things spicy, this establishment had some decent heat to its dishes.





India Sweets & Spices
3126 Los Feliz Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90039
(323) 345-0360

2 comments:

  1. From one ravenous veggie eater to a ravenous meat-eater, that food looks mighty tasty, man! Come on over to the tofu side, huh?

    peace,
    mike
    livelife365

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could go full out veggie Mike, I just feel like I'll be cutting out options, tasty options at that. But then again who knows, never say never.

    ReplyDelete