Sep 25, 2009

Spring Street Smoke House


I had a class to attend inside one of the buildings on  Wilshire Blvd, right in the heart of Korea Town and since I had an hour to kill for lunch, I decided to wander the streets for something interesting to eat. I saw a Subway form a distance but it was just too damn hot that day to walk all the way there, besides there was a black taco truck with bright painted flames parked right in front of building I had just stepped out of, I was defiantly eating there.

I ordered the hot links, its a spicy bbq hot dog that is split and placed into a sandwich. The menu is pretty limiting, I recall only seeing 5 sandwiches, that's it, that's there entire menu. The sandwiches do come with 1/4 slice of dill and corn bread, you can get either a side order of baked beans or coleslaw for an additional dollar. The sandwiches are $8 and in my opinion kinda small for that price. The taste of the sandwich itself was very good, crusty bread, fresh cabbage greens, the sausage was tasty, and it had just the right amount of bbq sauce.

Food trucks have long been known as a place to get more food for you buck, however I think many food trucks that are new, that are up and coming are bucking this trend. I think this food truck is definitely one of them, not an everyday eatery for me but its defiantly quality over quantity.
 
Spring Street Smokehouse
1910 Colorado Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90041
(323) 997-9097

 


No comments:

Post a Comment