Jan 23, 2010

Ambrosia Restaurant

Ambrosia Restaurant
6410 San Fernando Rd
Glendale, CA 91201
(818) 507-9550

I came here with a big group of my family, we filled about ten tables. The tables were set out very nicely and we were seated in a big hall, with a stage and dozens of chandeliers over head, this would be a wonderful place to rent out for a wedding or any special event. You really can't tell either from the outside, how nice it is on the inside, I really didn't expect it to be this nice.





You have to come hungry here, the side dishes themselves were very good and very filling. There was eggplant, some sort of pasta dish, reddish coleslaw, humus, olives, salad, goat cheese,slices of beef  tongue, and of course plenty of pita bread. I love combining the goat cheese and the slices of beef tongue, putting it into the pita bread and then dipping it into some humus. The good thing about my meal here was it was all you can eat. Needless so say my table asked for more humus, goat cheese, and beef tongue...oh yeah. Then you reach the main course, it consisted of grilled tomatoes and bell peppers, wild long rice, fried fish, and a red meat plate. The red meat plate is huge with generous portions of traditional Kebab style meat, lamb, beef, chicken, all of which was tasted great.




The waiters are very attentive and very accommodating. Service here is very good. I know its popular right now to find "fast food" middle eastern food, but when you go to a quality middle eastern sit down restaurant, you can instantly taste the difference. I don't know how old or new this restaurant is, but I hope they stick around for a good long while because they serve quality food.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, rod, get rid of the meat and that place rocks...good review...

    peace,
    mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing Mike I was almost full with the side dishes alone, minus the meat. This year I might go meatless for a month, just to see how it feels.

    ReplyDelete