Oct 28, 2009

Here I Go Again...

 
I don't look like this anymore, to me this was normal, it is where I should be, but I am not. I've must have written this blog before in past websites that I no longer participate in, but it's a repeating theme in my life, I get out of shape, realize that I'm out of shape, get back into shape, then lose that healthy momentum and fall out of shape again. Urrrrrgggh! This has been the longest time I have gone without working out seriously, it must have been months, I can't remember the last time I've lifted weights or been on the treadmill.

And I'm starting to feel it. I don't feel right, I don't feel normal. I miss it, but something in me made excuses not to workout, call it laziness, call it being neglectful, call it being fat, but whatever you call it I'm sick of being it. I remember starting the year losing weight, up until April, then for whatever reason I feel off the healthy wagon.

It's gonna be hard to lose weight to, its that time of the year, cooler weather makes me want to eat more, kinda like a bear fattening up before winter hits. Halloween is around the corner and its gonna be hell to avoid eating candy, especially chocolate! Yummy! And November brings Thanksgiving and then December brings Christmas, wow for me to lose weight and get in shape during this time of year is going to be hard! But I can't wait anymore, I can't bullshit out anymore excuses for myself, I hate how I feel and it has a direct correlation with what I eat and my lack of exercise.

I remember when I quit smoking, I must have tired to quit about a dozen times and failed, then for what ever reason it finally stuck and made sense, and I never smoked again. Was there something special about my last attempt to quit smoking, then the dozen other previous times? No. The key was I never gave up trying to quit, and that's what I'm doing now, I'm not quitting on being as healthy as I can.

Here I go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment